Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The ‘tooth brushing’ trick

Today I’m gonna share a funny little trick with you.

It falls more in the ‘diet’ category then in the ‘exercising’ category. See, one of my biggest problems when it comes to healthy eating is to be good in the evenings. Eating healthy during the day is usually relatively easy. I’m busy and have a certain routine. I eat my breakfast, go to work, eat the lunch I have prepared, have some fruit or veggies in the afternoon … I’m not even tempted by the cakes and stuff at the place where I usually go in the afternoons to get a coffee.
After I get home in the evenings, that is when the real challenge starts. That’s when I’m craving chocolate and other unhealthy stuff. I usually try to make a healthy dinner right after I get home, to make sure I’m eating something ‘good’ before my brain really has time to develop any cravings for something else. But that only works to some extent. I might not be hungry anymore after dinner but I still have cravings ;-)

And that is where the ‘tooth brushing’ trick comes into play. If I brush my teeth right after dinner (instead of right before I go to bed as I usually do) it somehow is easier to control the cravings. I think it’s partly due to the taste of tooth paste - which is not exactly suggesting chocolate (-: But I’m thinking it’s also sort of a psychological thing. Kind of like my brain unconsciously knows NO FOOD AFTER BRUSHING TEETH.

I know it sounds silly but you should try it sometime. It doesn’t always work but most of the time it does ;-)

1 comment:

  1. if that trick works ... should be suggested for Nobel prize! The result: only model-like guys on the boat in August :-)

    Great to see you being back on the (blog-)track.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete